Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Downright Bad Apple

Yesterday, I packed myself a healthy lunch, which included a cheese, tomato, and pesto sandwich, a banana, an apple, and a museli bar. Lunchtime came and I thoroughly enjoyed my sandwich. Then, I moved on to the apple. The first bite was a bit grainy, but I kept eating, hoping that the next bite would be better. I noticed that after my second bite, there was a bruise on the inside of the apple, rather than on its surface. I took another bite, thinking it was no big deal, but saw that the bruise was bigger, mushier and browner deeper inside the apple. At this point I decided that I had picked a bad apple and I wouldn't eat any more of it. As I looked down at the apple, about to toss it in the waste bin, I noticed a small white worm squirming out of the brown hole I had exposed moments ago. Frantic, I ran to the bathroom to wash out my mouth.
So much for an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

No comments:

Post a Comment