Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thank God for Modern Medicine

I have strep throat! ahhhh! I'd been ill for the past week and then developed a sever sore throat two days ago so finally decided that I should probably go to the doctor and see if anything could be done. I went to the 24 Medical Center down the road from our hostel and waited for an hour to see a physician, and boy am I glad. I had a fever of 38 degrees (Celsius) and swollen tonsils-- it only took him a split second to see that my tonsils were enormous. He put me on penicillin, some sort of anti-inflammatory, and codeine for the pain. He also said I couldn't have cold drinks or ice cream, which I think is bullshit. Ice cream makes everything better, duh
To make matters more annoying, today was our final exam so I had to reschedule that…and I'm leaving for Townsville on Monday to start my Independent Study Project. Geez, talk about inconvenient timing for strep throat.
So I've been on meds for a few hours now and I'm starting to feel better already! Thank god for modern medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment